Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Exeter Application

prettyckittyprettyckitty Posts: 1,363Registered User Senior Member
edited December 2006 in Prep School Admissions
Has anyone found it a bit odd that Exeter doesn't have a place for you to list or extracurriculars? I've been wondering if maybe there was an error and I just didn't get one, because there was no such form in my Application Materials folder. Did anyone else have one, or was it just the one page where you picked two essays to write?
Post edited by prettyckitty on

Replies to: Exeter Application

• BrightyBrighty Posts: 132Registered User Junior Member
    There is a form called General Information form in the Application Materials folder. You will find the place to list EC's on the back.
  • MsuMsu Posts: 765Registered User Member
    i didnt get one either and i was really worried.
    I did my general information online and i thought i was just requesting the application so I didn't submit all my information.
    UGH!
  • prettyckittyprettyckitty Posts: 1,363Registered User Senior Member
    I can't remember if I filled out the general information since it was so long ago, so I just printed out the last page from their website and filled it out, with a note that I wasn't sure. I feel more comfortable knowing sure it's there, and maybe having two there than not knowing if it's there.
  • prepparenttooprepparenttoo Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    They do have an extra curricular recommendation form...
    That's true, and I'm getting that filled out. But that only provides for one of your extracurricular interests; many kids have multiple.
    do you think its better to get a good EC rec from an area where I'm lacking (sports (I only play tennis)) or one from an area where I'm strong with (visual arts).
    If visual arts is your hook, get a rec from that.
    even if the art teacher doesn't really know me? I only had her for about 2/3 months and shes also the cheerleading coach and only likes very VERY peppy and loud people.
    If the teacher doesn't like you, then you shouldn't get a recomendation, but if visual arts is really your hook, it is probably important. Of course, you can always get multiple personal recs. I am, and I think that since the different people will have very different and specific things to say about me, it's all right.
  • rbuperbupe Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
    Ha i remeber stressing abotu all that stuff... I forgot a small aprt of my applcation for one of the schols (like name and address even though they already ahd it) anyways they called like a week before and were like umm were missing this part of your application.. I was so nervous btu i got in! these things are small and they have a lot of applications to look throgh so missing little things probably wont matter much