Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

hardworkerhardworker Posts: 1,322Registered User Senior Member
edited May 2007 in Prep School Admissions
Does anyone here go to IMSA? how do you like it? Do you think its going to help you gain admission in top colleges or is it too challenging?

Should I apply?
Post edited by hardworker on

Replies to: Imsa?

• olivia567olivia567 Posts: 1,984Registered User Senior Member
    Hardworker --- this is the prep school admissions board. It deals with admissions to boarding and competitive private schools. Go to the college discussion forum to ask about that! http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/index.php
  • hardworkerhardworker Posts: 1,322Registered User Senior Member
    olivia567 I am sorry, but I think you do not know. Imsa IS a private school. Illinois Math and Science Academy. I guess that shows how well known this school really is....maybe i should reconsider applying...
  • olivia567olivia567 Posts: 1,984Registered User Senior Member
    Sorry, Hard, I guess I just reacted to the word colleges. Still looks a far way off from here.

Um, I'm not familiar with it but my many knowledgeable friends on CC might. ;)
  • shelley14shelley14 Posts: 880Registered User Member
    Do a search, I think there was someone else who had a thread on Illinois Math and Science.
  • naokanaoka Posts: 76Registered User Junior Member
    IMSA is a public boarding school, widely recognized as among the best schools in the country, public or private. Admission is competitive for top-scoring Illinois residents, and is mainly based on standardized test scores and teacher referral. You have to have excelled in math and science to have a chance, but once you get in IMSA has good performing arts and humanities programs as well. Its college admissions profile is excellent, on par with schools like Stuyvesant.

Keep in mind that it does differ from some more traditional East Coast boarding schools in that many students from the Chicago area leave on the weekends, so dorm life may not be as emphasized.

My brother and sister both went to IMSA; feel free to PM me if you're admitted.