Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

International Schools List

nzrowernzrower Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2008 in Prep School Admissions
Hey i just thought we could make a list of International schools around the world that offer either the IB, CIE or SAT etc being international i'm talking about schools taught in atleast english but possibly other languages as well.

United World Colleges (there's 12)
Le Rosey
Schule Schloss Salem
The American School ( is in various places i'm not entirely sure where though)

So just add yours on
Post edited by nzrower on

Replies to: International Schools List

• willywilly Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    International Biligual School of Provence, offers IB ,SAT and Cambridge exams. S and D in middle school there
  • intrigueintrigue Posts: 136Registered User Junior Member
    Do these international schools also need to be boarding as well?

Because if you're looking for international schools that offer just IB, SAT, or CIE, there are just too many to choose from, especially for IB. For example, in Beijing alone (where I live right now), there are at least 4 international schools that I know of alone that offer IB and SAT, and there must be at LEAST 9 international schools that I don't know of, but probably do offer them as well. You're basically looking at every international school in the world, which means most of the countries, and also different cities in these countries. Since these ARE international schools, IB (International Baccalaureate) is definitely common. And most international school students (NOT all, but most) apply to the US for college, at least in Beijing they do, therefore the SAT and ACT can be taken here as well.

Take a look at this list; it may not be complete but it'll give you an idea of how many there are - and most of these probably do offer IB and such. If you visit the websites and dig a little, you can figure out what they offer in terms of IB, SAT, CIE, etc.:
    List of international schools - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Just look at how many are in China, Indonesia!

On the other hand, if you're looking only for boarding international schools, that would shorten the list. But only slightly.
  • westcoast_westcoast_ Posts: 773Registered User Member
    amen intrigue.
    aside from the int'l school groupies nobody really understands that there are about 500 or so schools that all say "____ international school" or "___ american school" and on rare occasions, "the american school of/in ____"
  • nzrowernzrower Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
    yeah boarding schools and if possible those that offer scholarships or aid
  • nzrowernzrower Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
  • smile dogsmile dog Posts: 273Registered User Junior Member
    King's Academy in Amman, Jordan

It was founded recently by King Abdullah, based on and inspired by his experiences as a student at Deerfield Academy. In fact, the head of school is the former headmaster at Deerfield, Eric Widmer. And that is all I know about it!
  • jedwardsjedwards Posts: 139Registered User Junior Member
    Many UK girls' schools offer IB....lots of website rating the schools too, so you can compare the schools. There is even an official organization that posts schools' evaluations (these have to be conducted every several years in the U.K), and you can view most of them online.