Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Exeter Dorms

artsmartartsmart Posts: 333Registered User Member
edited March 2012 in Prep School Admissions
I know everyone says not to ask for a specific dorm, and none of them are the best or the worst, but what are the pros and cons of each? (girls dorms)

for example: who has the best single rooms? best bathrooms? biggest rooms? best view? closest to stuff? everything!

i am particularly interested in single rooms.
Post edited by artsmart on

Replies to: Exeter Dorms

• KayleeGKayleeG Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    I want to know the same stuff, how about dorm traditions and personalities too?

I got a double in Lamont, I don't know if that's good or bad lol.
  • artsmartartsmart Posts: 333Registered User Member
    i heard singles in lamont are small on another thread
    bumpity bump. i checked the other "exeter dorms" thread, but it didn't have pros and cons, so i would love some input.
  • the azn eXonianthe azn eXonian Posts: 53- Junior Member
    apparently cilley is the best dorm on campus.. most recently built dorm, largest bathrooms..
    isn't that a guys dorm?
  • the azn eXonianthe azn eXonian Posts: 53- Junior Member
    yep.. it is xD
  • SportincourtySportincourty Posts: 173Registered User Junior Member
    Oh my gosh! I GOT THE ONE I WANTED! I GOT THE ONE I WANTED!

I was just dancing and singing that all around my house and up and down our street!!! YAY!!! I got Merrrriilllll! Wo0T!

Hows that one? Anyone?
  • KayleeGKayleeG Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    Congrats!!!! I was hoping you'd get Merrill, lol :-)
    y did u want merrill?
    bump
    tenchar
  • SportincourtySportincourty Posts: 173Registered User Junior Member
    why, it was connected to the food hall. that's why silly!

in other words: breakfast will actually be possible. lol
  • liddyb4liddyb4 Posts: 258Registered User Junior Member
    FYI
    My Son is bringing his bike - - Exeter recommends that all bikes be registered with campus safety and also have locks. There is an online super quick registration form - all you need is your Dorm and room#, email, extention #, and bike model, color and serial #. The campus safety officer will visit in the evening to verify and apply the sticker.
    on the other exeter dorms thread someone said that gould hall was changing to a girls dorm, and the head was going to be an art teacher. can anyone verify?
  • collegeprofcollegeprof Posts: 82Registered User Junior Member
    Yes, I can verify :-) All right, you want proof? Go to the new Exeter ebook at http://www.exeter.edu/documents/EBook.pdf. It lists all the faculty members who live in all the dorms in 2008-09 (p. 74). You'll see that Ms. Misenheimer is the dorm head of Gould House. Now go to the faculty directory at Phillips Exeter Academy | Faculty to verify that Ms. Misenheimer is an instructor in art. As for the fact that she's awesome, you'll just have to believe me... :-) By the way, you can figure out the "gender" of each dorm by looking at the list of proctors on p. 75 of the ebook: male proctors = boys' dorm; female proctors = girls' dorm.
  • tuesdayairtuesdayair Posts: 343Registered User Member
    Gould was a girls dorm last year too so it's not completely new