Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

M10 Freakout Thread 2017

Replies to: M10 Freakout Thread 2017

• HhopefulFforSsuccess2021HhopefulFforSsuccess2021 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
    edited March 10
    @Goatmama I know ;) and Aww Thank you!! I will tell her you said that :) She will be very happy.
  • gogroton2016gogroton2016 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    A lot of international students didn't fare well for admission this year.... anybody have any speculation why? I have a very well-qualified friend who's basically a genius... he had a sibling at PEA but just got flat out rejected not to say he's one of the best debaters and tennis players I've ever seen....

Is it just that this year it was extremely competitive? I've heard that this year's eight grade population is significantly higher than past years...

Oh well I'm not blaming my admissions decisions on anything. Congratulations to all those who were accepted, and to those that were wait-listed, good luck!

Thanks CC for being there with me! You guys are the best, and I wish all of you luck in the future, wherever this path called life may take us.
  • booksandfriesbooksandfries Registered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    okay @HhopefulFforSsuccess2021 i think that was one of the most inspirational things ever so thank you so much for that, i know we all needed that.

second @gogroton2016 i understand how you feel. i am so so very sorry you didn't get accepted but promise me you will not be too upset bc everything works out for a reason. i didn't get into my first choice.

@Atria GO MIDDLESEX!!! I got wait listed.

@msvmp27 thanks for telling us!!!!!

and everyone! i hope we continue our journey together, even those who end up going to day schools. because these were some of the most nervous and terrifying days ever, and everyone was talking and going through it almost right next to me. so i hope those who got in to boarding school will message me about bedding and classes and rival games and the ones who get into day tell me all about their decorated lockers and amazing lunches (let's all be honest about bs lunch) and the great friends. thanks!!!! :)
    Also, not to say the schools i did get into aren't amazing but i really liked others too and a lot of them i got rejected or WL.
  • Bumblebee033Bumblebee033 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I got into 4 HADES Schools and waitlisted at 1 but I'm not mad about the waitlist because it was my safety school and my least favorite. Congrats to alL!
  • applyer1applyer1 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    @gogroton2016 Hey... I am an international student with all A's, great EC's, great (I think) recommendation letters, great interview with PEA, and the essays were good too... AND I GOT REJECTED!!! I felt really sad and told my parents that I would get the actual decision until March 15 so I could have some processing time, but I feel that I should have gotten in! UGH!
  • jkookiejkookie Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    @gogroton2016 I'm not so sure. I heard that this year, Exeter experienced a 7% increase in the number of applications they received, so that probably contributes to why it was much more competitive. I'm an international student, but I actually got accepted to PEA this year... After hearing how your friend performs, it almost seems like I don't deserve being accepted, haha >.> But then again, your friend might not have done well in their interview, essays, or the SSAT? It's hard to tell why they got rejected from their tennis and debate skills alone :/
  • Nico.campbellNico.campbell Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    I feel really stupid because I got into other great schools but I can't help but be bummed about being waitlisted at Andover... :-?
  • gogroton2016gogroton2016 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    @jkookie I think he had 95 ish percentile, but idk about essays or interviews... maybe that was it :-?
    @ivyprincess1 probably about april 1 i think maybe earlier
    don't at least you got into choate! @Nico.campbell
  • RealMusicRealMusic Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @gogroton2016 Hey, I am also an international applicant, and many of my friends at my international school are pretty "amazing".

They have all achieved numerous accolades regarding music, academics, and athletics. The majority of them have 99% SSAT's and high grades.

The number of applicants outside America has risen significantly and there are only a limited number of spots. I personally expected them to have been accepted by numerous schools, but they were pretty much all waitlisted. I think they would've stood a chance if they had been considered non-International applicants.
    Did anyone receive a package yet? Please answer asap if you did or if you were accepted into Deerfield.
  • Nico.campbellNico.campbell Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    @booksandfries I guess that we're rivals now if you're going to Deerfield ;)