Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How are you guys planning to receive the outcomes of the 2017 BS decisions?

HhopefulFforSsuccess2021HhopefulFforSsuccess2021 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member

I was thinking about waiting until the evening of M10 and checking my mailbox then for any packages, since I heard boarding schools send out packages to accepted students. If I get them, then great, I'm accepted. If not, at least I'm somewhat emotionally/mentally for the outcomes when I check my emails later.

I've been thinking about this plan for the past month now, and I'd love to hear what everybody else is planning for M10 and how you're going to find out of you've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted.

Replies to: How are you guys planning to receive the outcomes of the 2017 BS decisions?

• HhopefulFforSsuccess2021HhopefulFforSsuccess2021 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
    emotionally/mentally prepared**
  • SeattleDreamerSeattleDreamer Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    I only applied to Andover so I'm probably going to check the portal when the result comes out- most likely I won't get in and I'll just take a nap or watch a movie/read a book or something chill like that to distract myself. I highly doubt that I'll get in, but if I do then I guess I'll freak out?? I haven't really thought about this much lol but I like your plan!
  • AtriaAtria Registered User Posts: 765 Member
    Bc of time difference all my decisions will come out in the evening/in the night....
    Will open them as they come in.... I have night lectures so I'll be awake anyways :-*
  • AtriaAtria Registered User Posts: 765 Member
    Lol I just noticed I used the wrong emoji
  • monica20monica20 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    I'll be on a day-long field trip to an amusement park on M10! So I've asked my mom to call if she receives any packages. But I think Exeter delivers packages around 6 am ET, so I may be home for that.
  • doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 10,732 Senior Member
    Nice distraction, @monica20! Unless it's changed, Exeter has released via email. You'll get that before a package.
  • monica20monica20 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    @doschicos I was unaware of an earlier email notification from Exeter! Any idea on the usual time emails are sent?
  • doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 10,732 Senior Member
    In the past, it was fairly early in the morning. They did have a glitch one year - either last year or the year before and things were done differently. I'd look back on old threads to ascertain.
  • GoatMamaGoatMama Registered User Posts: 634 Member
    Exeter emails decisions at 6 am ET.
  • HhopefulFforSsuccess2021HhopefulFforSsuccess2021 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
    @monica20 Great idea for letting your parents tell you! I think it hurts less when your parents are the ones giving you the info. At least for me it does :) Have fun on M10!
  • letsgopaletsgopa Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Hopefully I can stop from compulsively updating gateway and checking the mail, but I doubt it.
  • letsgopaletsgopa Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    I'm going to try to just constantly distract myself and not think about it
  • MAandMEmomMAandMEmom Registered User Posts: 702 Member
    Last year Exeter was about 6 am.
  • MaxLMZMaxLMZ Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    I have to be at school at 6 am on M10 for robotics competition travel. Guess I am well-distracted already.
  • Nico.campbellNico.campbell Registered User Posts: 551 Member
    My plan is to stay awake until 10 PM M9 my time, when NMH will release decisions (12:00 am ET), then I will sleep in until ~ 9:00 (not going to school), then I'll just check my computer and see what decisions have been released at that point... good luck everyone :)