Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use the following form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCSearchSurvey

Where did you apply? Hopes/dreams for M10?

Replies to: Where did you apply? Hopes/dreams for M10?

• monica20monica20 Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    Applied to: Andover, Exeter, and three local prep schools (all of which are ranked favorably in my state.)
    Ranking:
    Honestly, A and E are tied for me. This small, awful part of me secretly hopes I only get into one so I won't have to choose. I really loved both campuses, but I felt more comfortable at Exeter and more formal at Andover (probably because there were no classes at Exeter on my visit day.) I really love that all classes use the Harkness method at Exeter, since I'm very discussion-oriented, but I can better identify with the courses and clubs at Andover. I guess I could make a weighted pro-con list on the impossible chance I get into both, but I'd definitely do revisits.
    I like the local schools a lot, but they're definitely ranked far below A and E to me.
  • skyler12345skyler12345 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    I only applied to Exeter and Andover.
    I wish I had more time so that I could of have applied to other boarding schools too... everyone in here is applying to around 7-10 and I'm here, who only applied to two...
  • AtriaAtria Registered User Posts: 774 Member
    Don't worry... its too late to cry over spilt milk... Besides there are plenty of people applying to one school...(@magicthecat , @LilyPatrick, @SeattleDreamer to name a few)
  • SeattleDreamerSeattleDreamer Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Yeah, I only applied for Andover so I guess I only have to deal with only one rejection right? I do wish I had applied to a few more though... M10 is kind of make or break for BS yikes...
  • sanjit1451sanjit1451 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    NMH, Lawrence Academy, Berkshire, Cheshire, Williston Northampton, Wilbraham and monson academy, Miller school of albemarle, Millbrook school, Tilton School, Lake forest Academy, Cushing Academy, New hampton School. I applied to soo many as boarding school was my only option and I wanted to be sure I would get in at least one place
  • GnarWhailGnarWhail Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    Nice to see Cheshire Academy mentioned. That's one of those schools that gets lost because there as so many schools in that central CT area.

@HhopefulFforSsuccess2021 I can see why Hotchkiss (or any school) might not be for everyone, but Hotchkiss is one of the tiptop schools by any measure, with lots to offer. No crew team, though...
  • letsgopaletsgopa Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    yeah @SeattleDreamer but we only had to fill out one application and do one essay soooooo...
    and only one interview lol @letsgopa still daunting though- 3 more days (and like 1.5 hrs)!!
  • Nico.campbellNico.campbell Registered User Posts: 699 Member
    @sanjit1451 Do you prefer NMH or Berkshire? I honestly don't know why applied to Berkshire now that I think a bout it... I really don't have any interest in it :))
    edited March 7
    To those who applied to one or two schools: Don't be upset! I was leaning towards doing the same thing: go big or go home, right? I think it really depends on what type of person; are you willing to compromise for a school that wasn't your first choice, or that may not be #1 or #2 in the country? Don't worry! You're all extremely capabale students; and more importantly, great people! Good luck :)>- @skyler12345 @SeattleDreamer
    edited March 7
    Thank you! :D Best of luck to you!
  • htarantinohtarantino Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Applied to St. Paul's School & Andover! I would be head over heels if I got accepted into either. However, the smaller school size and 100% boarding at SPS might put it above Andover in my mind. It's a smaller school, but has all the same great facilities and opportunities as a larger prep school like Andover. However, SPS has Saturday classes which is kind of annoying, but I'll get over it hahah, if I'm offered a spot!
    Good luck! I don't know much about SPS, but I've heard nothing but great things! @htarantino
  • snowyowlgalsnowyowlgal Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    I applied to Taft, Emma Willard, Andover, Hotchkiss, Choate and Loomis
    I honestly would be so excited to get into any of them. My dad keeps saying he has a good feeling about Emma Willard though lol.
    Rankings:
    1. Andover (been my dream since i was 11 but its super hard to get into so idk)
    2. Hotchkiss (idk i just love everything about it and its campus)
    3. Choate (gorgeous campus and the most amazing courses!)
    4. Taft (My parents first choice and I have so much family nearby)
    5. Emma Willard (actually one of the first BS i was into but its all girls and idk how i feel about that now :-()
    6. Loomis (great school just not my first choice, something about it..)
    Anyways like I said i would be so happy to get into any of them but I'm not gonna sweat it because I have a lot of friends here and local high school would be fun.
    @snowyowlgal

I applied to Andover, Taft, Choate, and Hotchkiss too! Good luck! Descissions are so soon, I can't handle my excitement!!! :ar!