I chose to apply because...
- The academics at the boarding schools I applied to were far more rigorous than those offered at my school. I wanted to push myself to the limit, challenge myself, and see what I was capable of.
- The large selection of courses to choose from astounded me, and gave me a broader view of what I could potentially be doing. I would be able to do what I wanted to do; something that I was interested in.
- There are great teachers around to help you and you don't have to wait for the next day to ask a question about the homework material, or just to talk. The students seem to have closer bonds with the teacher, and I wanted to be able to develop deeper connections with my teachers.
- The enormous amount of resources. Everything the boarding schools had surpassed the quality and the quantity of those of my school's. It gave me access to more knowledge and information.
- The bonds that classmates/schoolmates seem to have. It's as if they were going to be friends for the rest of their lives, and I'd like to have friends that I'll keep by my side forever as well.
- The variety of sports offered, and the levels at which they are offered at. The boarding schools introduces physical activity to students at any level, and it encourages students to be healthy. I am a competitive athlete, and the teams that go to competitions are all very good, and I would want to be part of that.
- The school spirit. The schools are all so tight-knit, and it would be wonderful if I could participate!
...and a lot more that I either can't think of right now, or can't be bothered to write