Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Biggest fear at boarding school

2»

Replies to: Biggest fear at boarding school

• natalietnataliet Posts: 74Registered User Junior Member
    I'm actually afraid of not being able to stand out. I mean, at my school, I know that I'll be considered somewhat "smart" and I'll get onto varsity swimming and varsity track. At the boarding schools, however, everything's bumped up and I don't feel like I'll be able to make it onto varsity anything, looking at the stats of the current athletes there. They're all so incredible; it makes me feel kind of inferior (yes, yes, I know the Eleanor Roosevelt quote.) So I'm pretty afraid of that. But I'm not going next year. I hope that I'll be able to get in in 2011 though! :)
  • Sadie2Sadie2 Posts: 369Registered User Member
    I just have to say, as an "oldster" :) communal bathrooms were probably on the list of my own "fears" when heading off to BS many moons ago. Well, the really funny thing is, aside from remembering the communal bathroom's existence ( which, by the way, had the honor of being in the Largest Girls Dormitory Building in the USA at the time ), I don't really remember it at all.
    So I guess it just wasn't that big a deal !
  • cutiedidacutiedida Posts: 465Registered User Member
    Haha, hopefully it won't be bad. Funny, when I did my revisit at Exeter I was enjoying everything so much I didn't even think of going to the bathroom or going in, so I didn't see it at all.
  • DeterminedDudeDeterminedDude Posts: 110Registered User Junior Member
    Running out of clean underwear.
  • JoshByronJoshByron Posts: 651Registered User Member
    I'm actually scared of either doing bad academically or doing bad socially.
  • Izzy Busy BeeIzzy Busy Bee Posts: 3,762Registered User Senior Member
    Honestly, it's really hard to do bad socially- by the end of your Exeter career, you should have plenty of friends. There are very few shut-ins.
  • boardinboardin Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    My absolute biggest fear is that my grades will drop. I'm also scared I'll get myself killed in my schools almost-urban setting, have no friends, or have an awful roommate.

As for being scared of coyotes and foxes, I really hope you guys are joking. If you ever see one it will just look at you for a minute and run off. Besides they're TINY!!! They don't hurt humans. If they did I would be dead dozens of times over.
  • SaerSaer Posts: 1,494Registered User Senior Member
    Ummm. Failing classes.
    I HATED communal bathrooms. I couldn't pee with someone in the same room up until last September. My mom decides she needs something form the bathroom shelf? Bladder is off-duty. Etc.
    Buuut... Ya get over it! Trust me, you kind of have to.
2»