Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Applying for Deerfield, Exeter, Brooks, Loomis, Brewster, Cheshire, and Berkshire

watsona66watsona66 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
edited August 2011 in Prep School Chances
I am in 9th grade at a public school in Arizona, Which is 47th in education :( , but I am applying to boarding schools for 10th grade. My grades for 7th and 8th grade were A's, B's, and C's, and got one D during 7th grade. I was rejected from a private school which improved my grades improved towards the end of 8th grade. So far In 9th I have all A's and have all honors with a possible GPA of 4.1. I am almost certain I will keep a GPA of 4.1 the whole year.I am able to write essays pretty well. I am applying for financial aid and the most I can afford is probably 14,000. I am also and African-American student.

I haven't taken the ssat yet but these are my credentials.

Extracurriculars
Boy Scouts - 4 years ( I am planning on becoming an Eagle Scout between January and March of 2012)
Soccer - 2 years
Tennis - 1 year
I started a Model U.N. Club at my high school and am the president.
Cycling - 2 months out of school and am part of the cycling club
Acoustic Guitar - 2 years
Community Service - I have done roughly 50 + hours with Boy scouts and with other community service opportunities.
Speech and Debate club
Mench club- ( A jewish community service club but is open to non Jewish people also)
DECA- ( A club for business and marketing)
Rugby - Starting in September.
Post edited by watsona66 on

Replies to: Applying for Deerfield, Exeter, Brooks, Loomis, Brewster, Cheshire, and Berkshire