Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Thinking of applying for a PG at Exeter

Guitar500Guitar500 Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Prep School Chances
I'm a junior, so I still have plenty of time left to improve. So basically:
-Mexican (minority, yay! XD)
-Learning Japanese (on my own, it's hard finding good teachers where I live).
-I obviously speak Spanish.
-I play guitar, learned on my own. Guess it's pretty common to play guitar, but I play fingerstyle guitar, which is not that common. For those who don't know what I mean, look for Sungha Jung on youtube to get an idea. I can play classical too, but I don't have a nylon-string guitar.
-I don't know if applicants usually do this, but I could send a CD with compositions and arrangements made by me.
-I'm learning piano.
-Top student at my school (Straight A student). It's supposed to be the best one in my city, but that's not saying much XD
-We don't really have the chance to pick the classes we want to take here, so I only have 1 honors class, which is American History.
-I have great recommendations.
-I don't think this helps much, but I got a recommendation letter from my Genetic Engineering teacher from Exeter's Summer School (not a prestigious summer school, but who cares, it was so much fun!)
-My essays are great.
-This year I'll participate in my school's Robotics team. There's a competition every year in my city, and my school won last year.
-I would need FA. I got it for the Summer too, there's no way I can pay $7000 dollars for a summer school.
-I suck at sports, if you were wondering. I'm ok at basketball and squash.

I know I don't have a great chance like this, which is why I need to know how I can improve. Any ideas?
Post edited by Guitar500 on

Replies to: Thinking of applying for a PG at Exeter