Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance me for deerfield?

chopkins01chopkins01 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Prep School Chances
I'm currently a freshman girl at a private day school in Atlanta, Georgia.
ECs
- I'm very involved in community service with my school and with my church
- I've played volleyball for a year
- I've done dance since I was six
- I've done soccer since 6th grade
- I'm a cheerleader fo my school (and love school spirit!)
- I also run (not on a team, but I usually run about 8 miles a day and am pretty fast, so I could do cross country or track if they didn;t want me for another sport)

Grades
Literary Heroes- B+
Physics-A-
Geometry- A+
History-A-
Spanish- A-

SSAT Scores
Good, I may retake, my overall percentage was about a 92%

I'm still working on my essays, but writing tends to be one of my strengths, so I think I will do really well.

Interview-
Haven't had yet but I will be well prepared, and there isn't any reason it should not be good

Teacher recs-
English- Really good! he loves me
Math- Average, not amazing but definitely not horrible
History- Pretty good, above average, I didn't know her very well so I don't think she had much to go on.

Hooks?
We're family friends with some people who sent there son there and are huge donors do you think it would help any if we talked to them about recommending me?

Thanks so much for your answers!
Post edited by chopkins01 on

Replies to: Chance me for deerfield?

• chopkins01chopkins01 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Please any answer is appreciated?
  • Stefan4everStefan4ever Posts: 31- Junior Member
    Dont worry You have a very good chanceif you have any other questions just pm me
  • preplovr22preplovr22 Posts: 103Registered User Junior Member
    You seem like a good candidate, what are your SSAT scores? GPA? (I am also a 9th grader applying to Deerfield, and live about three hours from Atlanta!)
    Forget SSAT i see it now.
  • BrotherBrother Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    Stefan4ever is a ****. Sorry, but it's true. Read his/her other (self-contradictory) posts.
  • newcanaangirl88newcanaangirl88 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    You certainly don't have anything to worry about. People from the south like you have a much higher chance of getting in than people from the northeast, because pretty much everyone in the northeast applies, and the admission board people want to have a diverse community. We have many close family friends at Deerfield, and one thing I know for sure is that it is a very athletic school. You could have average grades but be a stellar athlete, and you would get in. If you had good grades but no sports, you wouldn't.

Overall, I say you have a pretty good chance.

1) you live in a location where not many people apply.

2) you have a few sports going for you.

3) you have good grades.

4) and you're have connections with big donors for the school!

I know you're going to get in!!!!!!!
    Are you only applying to Deerfield? Even with great stats it is always a guessing game... Maybe apply for a few more so you can have options/ incase it doesn't work out. 13% acceptance, it is like applying to an Ivy.