Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

application receipt

Carol2005Carol2005 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
edited November 2005 in Princeton University
If an application was mailed on October 29, will I receive acknowledgment that it has been received by the admission office? If so, when should I expect to receive?
Post edited by Carol2005 on

Replies to: application receipt

• College_Here_I_Come!College_Here_I_Come! Posts: 1,030Registered User Member
    yeah... I'm wondering the same thing. I sent my app online on the 29th, and everything else (by mail) arrived at Princeton on October 31st, but it's Nov. 9th today and I still haven't received the acknowledgement...
  • personapersona Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    You're not the only one... Are they going to wait for my November SAT score? If yes, then it's going to be a long waiting.
  • worldshopperworldshopper Posts: 1,141Registered User Senior Member
    I completed my application on line November 1. On November 6, I received an email indicating that everything had been received. But I also indicated on the app that I was taking the Nov. SAT!
    O'k, I cannot think of any other reason why they haven't send the e-mail yet :(
  • SweetestSithSweetestSith Posts: 524Registered User Member
    I sent it in on teh 1st and got a receipt that night for recieving, and the next day the sent one that they had opened an account...
  • Carol2005Carol2005 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    if the application was a paper filing when should acknowledgment be expected?
  • SweetestSithSweetestSith Posts: 524Registered User Member
    That I don't know, I have not yet gotten an email on whether or not they have recieved all my documents, and some of those were paper...
  • GregsterGregster Posts: 157Registered User Junior Member
    im in same situation as sweetestsith. sent the 1st and recieved instant response that recieved app, then on the 2nd got an opened file, but still havent recieved a completed app thingy.
    It looks that they send automatic response if one applies through their page and then they operate quickly (open the account, etc.). But what about people who used the common application? Anyone?
  • KjoodlesKjoodles Posts: 1,510Registered User Senior Member
    According to the tracking of AUspost- one of my rec's is still in transit somewhere in the US thats not Princeton. Sigh. at least I know why my file isnt complete.

If you paid the fee's and stuff, you should get a confirmation if you do it online regardless of Common or normal. But then there could be beureucracy involved so be patient.
    Thanks, Kjoodles. Being patient is not so easy. Sigh.
  • College_Here_I_Come!College_Here_I_Come! Posts: 1,030Registered User Member
    ... They've already downloaded from commonapp.org everything on Oct 29th, and I tracked my recs, transcripts, etc. and mailing services at pton received them on Oct. 31st, and I've already sent my SAT scores...

still no response! ARG!
  • sucharitasucharita Posts: 3,820Registered User Senior Member
    I didn't get any confirmation emails. I got a letter in Feb saying they were missing my SAT II scores and after I resent them, I got a post card saying my file was complete. They're meant to send those postcards to everyone but I think a good many get lost in the mail :p

If you don't hear from them, assume it's OK. Or if you're paranoid, call the admissions office and find out.
  • jmarsh2006jmarsh2006 Posts: 712Registered User Member
    I haven't gotten a reply either... but I alwaso haven't gotten a confirmation that all my scores have been sent to them from college board, because I didn't rush them... I'm thinking I might have to...
  • Wayman2688Wayman2688 Posts: 90Registered User Junior Member
    I submitted the common app with supplement, which were downloaded on 10/29. At the beginning of this week, I received an email from princeton saying they received all parts of my app and they look forward to reading it. I already had my interview too, so anyone who has doubts about the common app thing should just wait a little. And RUSH those scores if you hadn't before.