Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transferring to Princeton from another university

SMOKEalotOFweedSMOKEalotOFweed Posts: 26Registered User New Member
edited June 2011 in Princeton University
Is this a real possibility?

I go to NYU and have a GPA of about 3.9, I could've gotten a 4.0 if I hadn't been lazy

:(
I just finished my freshman year, I don't have as many extra-currics as I should have, but that will change next year. ( I was only involved with 1 club, and I had about 50 hours of volunteer service)

If I get a 4.0 next year after 1st semester and during mid terms of Spring 2012 and improve my extra-currics by volunteering substantially more and perhaps starting my own club, will transferring to Princeton, or any Ivy for that matter, be a real possibility?

BTW I would be transferring at the end of my Sophomore year.

Does anyone have any experience, stories about transferring to an ivy or friends who have done this?

Thanks
Post edited by SMOKEalotOFweed on

Replies to: Transferring to Princeton from another university

• cesium55cesium55 Posts: 221Registered User Junior Member
    Can't. Princeton University | Eligibility

Also, why does the university's athletic conference matter to you?

Also, interesting username...
  • tallgirltallgirl Posts: 170Registered User Junior Member
    "Is it possible to transfer to Princeton from another college or university?"

"No. At this time, Princeton is not able to offer transfer admission. Any student who has graduated from secondary school and enrolled as a full-time degree candidate at another college or university is considered a transfer applicant and isn't eligible for undergraduate admission."
  • ruennshengruennsheng Posts: 354Registered User Junior Member
    Despite knowing that Princeton won't accept transfer students, when even other colleges like Harvard, Stanford or Yale do, I wished I had asked the question like the OP does. Because seriously, you can transfer in to any 4-year college in the States except Princeton, right?
  • cesium55cesium55 Posts: 221Registered User Junior Member
    Well, feel free to apply to Harvard or Stanford, but you'll just be throwing away time and money (the first of which you should be using for research if you plan on going to grad school!!). Apparently, Harvard accepted 0 transfer students last year, and Stanford claims a 1-2% admit rate.
  • ruennshengruennsheng Posts: 354Registered User Junior Member
    If you can smoke weed, certainly you can spend time and money...
  • JAupiaisJAupiais Posts: 90Registered User Junior Member
    Agreed, ruennsheng. Also, you can ask futile questions that a two-minute scan of the Princeton website could answer. (not to be mean, OP... ;) ).
  • HONORLIONSHONORLIONS Posts: 1,577Registered User Senior Member
    If Carlton Banks could do it, so can you.
  • JAupiaisJAupiais Posts: 90Registered User Junior Member
  • YanksDolphinsYanksDolphins Posts: 1,038Registered User Senior Member
    Not to be mean, but based on OP's post, it doesn't seem like he/she is interested in Princeton for any other reason than the fact that's it's Ivy League, which is a pretty poor reason to transfer. Besides, what are you not liking about NYU?
  • WoodrowWilsonJRWoodrowWilsonJR Posts: 295Registered User Junior Member
    Columbia, Penn, and Cornell are all big schools and take a decent number of transfer students.