Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Another interview?

FlamingMangoFlamingMango Posts: 162Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2012 in Princeton University
Really soon after I submitted by RD app, I got an email telling me that as part of the admission process, Princeton offers interviews to all candidates, blah blah blah. I got an email from the local Princeton club in my area or whatever, I signed up for a time, and went to my interview.

The interview was different from other college interviews I've had in that I was "just another applicant". I signed up for a time slot, I wasn't contacted by an alumni. When I arrived for the interview, it seemed like there wasn't and interviewer that was predetermined for me. It was just like I signed in and whichever interviewer happened to be finished with another interview was assigned to me. It was very assembly-belt like. Lots of kids coming in and out rooms. When I finished my interview, my interviewer walked me out back to the lobby area and immediately took another kid in who was waiting there.

Anyway, not even two days later I get an email from Princeton saying thank you for applying, as part of the process we offer interviews, blah blah, this is a way for you to learn more about Princeton and for Princeton to learn more about you.

Then it says, please expect to be contacted by John Doe, a member of the Princeton interview committee, to arrange a convenient time and place.

Here's the thing, John Doe is the same person I interviewed with a couple days ago at the assembly-line-interview-factory-machine. We had a good interview but John didn't say anything at all that alluded to the idea of meeting and interviewing again.

Is this just a "second interview" or could it be some error on Princeton part? Also, if it is a second interview, what does it mean? Are second interviews usually conducted by the same person? I feel like we covered everything we were going to cover, how will the second interview be different?

Thanks for your help.
Post edited by FlamingMango on

Replies to: Another interview?