Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Want to drop class..

acrylicsalmonacrylicsalmon Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2012 in Princeton University
Alright so since the admissions office is closed, I figured I'll ask here.

I want to drop a class. Not a core class, just an elective. Specifically, an intro to engineering course.

Does Princeton tolerate dropping classes? I'll call to confirm, but I'd like to know of anyone has experiences with it
Post edited by acrylicsalmon on

Replies to: Want to drop class..

• stlkarategalstlkarategal Posts: 135Registered User Junior Member
    Is this a year long class?
  • acrylicsalmonacrylicsalmon Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
    Yes it is. I would end up with a W (withdraw) on my transcript.
  • tiger14tiger14 Posts: 190Registered User Junior Member
    Have you already been accepted?

Regardless, CALL PRINCETON or email them. They'll tell you if they think it'll impact your application (or, if you're accepted, how they feel about it). My senior year, I wanted to switch Spanish III for AP English and they "strongly discouraged" it, so...I didn't.
  • acrylicsalmonacrylicsalmon Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
    I have already committed.

I'm not considering dropping due to difficulty. I just have issues with the teacher. It's a college credit civil engineering course (project lead the way anyone?) yet the class average is 99.4%.

My brain is decaying by the very day.....And the biggest insult is that I can't do hw in the class
  • tiger14tiger14 Posts: 190Registered User Junior Member
    Yay for having committed! :) I doubt you'll have much of an issue then. Nevertheless, it's probably best to confirm it with Princeton before dropping, but I really, really doubt they'll protest.

And oh, high school....back when I got all of my naptime during class. :)