Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Princeton interview

HateSMUSHateSMUS Posts: 470Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in Princeton University
Hi CC community
I received a Princeton interview offer recently. Because this is my first time having university interview, I'm very anxious about it. I have a few questions. Do the alumni interviewers read your personal essays before they interview? If anyone had already gotten interviews, can you post some main questions? I know for some universities interviewers, they have an official interview sheet but some others do informal questions. Should I prepare with information about Princeton (ex. appealing classes, clubs, organizations in Pton) and precise inclination to study in Pton? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.
Post edited by HateSMUS on

Replies to: Princeton interview

• T26E4T26E4 Posts: 16,965Registered User Senior Member
    No -- they are alumni volunteers who know nothing about you (stats, essays, etc.)

No set of questions because it's all informal and de-centralized

No main questions

It's a conversation.

Although written for Brown: this post basically covers it
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/9107078-post1.html

I interview ( 23 yrs) for neither Brown or Princeton but my school and those are very, almost exactly, similar. Good luck.
  • HateSMUSHateSMUS Posts: 470Registered User Member
    @T26E4, thank you very much. I've read that Columbia university alumni interviewer had a formal question sheet so I was wondering if Princeton would be the same.
  • lilyinthewaterlilyinthewater Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Hey, I just got interviewed by a Pton alumna today! Here are my afterthoughts:

As to seeing your stats, the interviewer doesn't know them at all. I even offered my interviewer my resume, but she said she didn't need to see it. It was entirely a conversation.

I would say that you should have questions prepared for your interviewer, because it is mainly a conversation in which both sides participate. It's not like you're being questioned in a courtroom. There should be some back and forth.

Have some main points ready that you'd like to emphasize, such as any extracurriculars or special passions.

Oh, and she said that the main point of our interview was so she could supplement anything I didn't put in my application, so if you have something of that nature, be prepared to talk about it.

Good luck!! It's very casual, don't worry.
  • HateSMUSHateSMUS Posts: 470Registered User Member
    Thanks for your information. I have lot of things that I really wanted to talk about which I didn't have much chance to present in my application. Now I'll need to spend some time on my preparation. Thanks!