Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What the online acceptance letter looks like...

decilliondecillion Posts: 579Registered User Member
edited March 2013 in Princeton University
Post edited by decillion on

Replies to: What the online acceptance letter looks like...

• guacamoleguacamole Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    Well, this is probably the only way I'll get to see it! haha thanks! :)
  • baddriverbaddriver Posts: 86Registered User Junior Member
    I second the thanks. I don't know it it's just me, but man, that letter and the orange tiger silhouette just make princeton look so CLASSY :)
  • Lauraliu96Lauraliu96 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    love the tiger~~~preying for luck~
  • simplystated1961simplystated1961 Posts: 165Registered User Junior Member
    The link is last year's letter.
  • magentaturtlemagentaturtle Posts: 1,139Registered User Senior Member
    Dam. That is beautiful :D
  • simplystated1961simplystated1961 Posts: 165Registered User Junior Member
    That is last year's letter. I was hoping to see this year's letter, Dec 2012. I was told that Princeton changed the body of the letter ever so slightly. Instead of stating the month and year for the Preview and decision response, it just states the month. What changes have been made to the letter. I am surprised that the letter does not have the student's name.

Has the early action letter been the same as the regular decision letter in the past?
  • Kestrel912Kestrel912 Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    My son was accepted SCEA last December. You can see his letter here:
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

The formatting is a bit different, but the only content change that I can see is the one already mentioned about omitting the year for the Princeton Preview and decision response date.

My son's name, date of birth, and high school were included above the tiger. Most likely decillon blocked out his/her identifying information for privacy reasons, as I have done.
  • TheBalticSeaTheBalticSea Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    It was pretty darn classy. I was thoroughly wooed.
    Though, funnily enough, when I checked my decision last year, my computer froze just as the page loaded with an IE dialogue box perfectly covering the "congratulations!" I remember waiting for the page to unfreeze and staring at the orange tiger (the only part I could see) while thinking, this is an oddly cheery rejection letter.