Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I got a 9 on SAT essay, is that too low for Princeton?

YM1992YM1992 Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2009 in Princeton University
Overall I got 710 on writing, but for the essay I blanked like about half a page some more and didn't have any time to check errors...My other two scores are okay I think..(CR730, M770)

Should I retake SAT in December to increase my essay score because I felt it was a real blemish for me??

Thanks for any advice!!!
Post edited by YM1992 on

Replies to: I got a 9 on SAT essay, is that too low for Princeton?

• kwukwu Posts: 4,759Registered User Senior Member
    The SAT Writing Essay is a joke.

Don't bother to retake the exam unless you're certain that your score will increase fairly substantially. Say, from the 2210 you have now to a 2290 or higher.
  • OldbatesieDocOldbatesieDoc Posts: 1,672Registered User Senior Member
    It's all too low for Princeton...
  • fauvefauve Posts: 3,143Registered User Senior Member
    The SAT/ACT 25-75th percentiles for Princeton are 1390-1580. His 1500 is fine.

YM1992- Will you have the SATII English Literature score to boost your profile?
  • Techy233Techy233 Posts: 604Registered User Member
    Retake it only if you're going to get a 2400.
  • steveb120steveb120 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    no i wouldnt recommend retaking it just to increase the essay...I got a 6 (a 6!) on the essay, and im not really worried about it...its definitely more important to let your writing skill show through the app essays, rather than worry about the dubious 25-minute piece of (crap) that is the SAT essay. good essays should more than balance out the SAT score
  • YM1992YM1992 Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    good essays should more than balance out the SAT score
    Bingo! I got the point:)

I'll definetely worry about my other app essays more;)

Thanks for everyone's help:)

<[.]a href="http://www.yahoo.com"> Visit Yahoo!<[.]/a>