My child completed all the the CM levels and skipped the panel. Did it have an impact on his admissions results? It's hard to say. Is your daughter a conservatory level musician and has she won any piano competitions? The fact is that many kids in California go down the CM route. My feeling is that unless she is extremely talented and has won many competitions, it will not have a huge impact on her admission chances.
@uciparent Thank you for all your help again. Are most of the undergraduate business courses taught in the new building? DS thought there was an older business building as well and wasn't sure if it was still in use.
1. How difficult is it to fit in if you are a student of color? I noticed that Cal Poly in comparison to other public CA universities is not very diverse.
2. There is a heavy emphasis on STEM at Cal Poly, and the university seems to tout and publicize the high salaries of their graduates. Would it be safe to say that this in part because of the starting salaries of the engineering students? How do non-engineers fare in the job market?
3. DS has been admitted to the business school. What is the reputation of the business school? What are employment opportunities like for graduates.
4. Career Services - How active do you need to be to acquire an internship and/or job?
5. What services are available to students if they start to struggle academically? For instance, some universities have drop in tutoring centers. Does this exist at Cal Poly?
6. The 4 year graduation rate is very low. Browsing through CC, many have stated that it is difficult to be admitted to certain classes. Is this specific to engineering and computer science, or are there GE classes and other majors that are affected as well.
His grades are good, but not tippy top great for UCLA He has been admitted to UCI, UCD, Cal Poly SLO, UofW, SCU, LMU. He has scholarships to UofW, SCU, and LMU (half tuition). We have already told him if he's pining for UCLA, he can transfer later. We told him that he is lucky to have so many choices.