Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Should I bring TV???

sukgi33sukgi33 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
edited May 2007 in Rice University
HI~ I decided to go Rice and have been wondering about what to bring when we move into the college. Especially, Television and DVD player...
Should I bring those items or can we just buy TV after moving in?? I think it is utterly impossible to bring my TV from my country (I live in Asian country)
I know it seems a very silly question, but as TV being an essential item for my resting, this 'briniging TV' problem has vexed me for a while...
What are you gonna do? (my fellow Rice class of 2011 or other prospies) or How have you managed? (current Rice Student)
Post edited by sukgi33 on

Replies to: Should I bring TV???

• torrestowerstorrestowers Posts: 330Registered User Member
    You can just buy a TV after moving in or talk to your roommate to see if he or she is bringing a tv or dvd player.
  • theloniusthelonius Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, given the difficulty of shipping a TV from Asia (you'll have enough stuff to move without it) the compatability issues with cable hookups and electricity and the cheapness of TVs, I wouldn't bring one. Talk to your roommate after you figure out who he/she is, and buy one once you get to Rice.