Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Rice vs Swarthmore vs USC

oneunknownoneunknown Posts: 91Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2005 in Rice University
I don't know how i got into these schools (SAT 1240 which was like 6th highest from my high school class) but i can't decide wich one to go too. I felt really out of place at Swarthmore the place just felt too close. I'm hispanic so i think i will feel more at home at either of these to places can anybody help?!?
Post edited by oneunknown on

Replies to: Rice vs Swarthmore vs USC

• jenskate1jenskate1 Posts: 1,391Registered User Senior Member
    You obviously have 3 good choices, and you probably won't go wrong with any of them.

If you felt uncomfortable at Swarthmore, then don't go. You have to make this decision somehow, and that seems as good a reason as any to eliminate a school.

I think Rice definitely has the upper hand on USC in size, reputation, location, price, emphasis on undergraduates, and medical opportunities if that's something that you are into. Rice was ranked as one of the best schools for hispanic students in 2 different magazines.

Have you visited all 3 schools?