Asian Male in TX
Date of Expected Graduation: 05.2010
1. Very competitive senior high school (Top 100 USNEWS), GPA is 4.5 (out of 5.0), top 11% out of 700 students- upward trend GPA since 11th grade, can get better GPA 12th grade.
2. Had taken 7 APs (all 4s) by the end of junior year (got AP Scholar with Distinction) and take 6 APs senior year (for sure to get National AP Scholar after senior year).
3. SAT score 2130; SATII: Biology 730, U.S History 740.
Will retake SAT and SATII in November and December to get better score.
4. 200+ community service hours- library and hospital.
5. Got research internship (paid) and published first author review with PI.
6. Qualifier for regional level science fair- 1st place for west regional and took part in Siemens Competition in October 2009, will get result on October 23rd.
7. Qualifier for National level debate once (NCFL) - Public Forum.
8. Qualifier for state level debate twice (TFA) - Policy Debate.
9. Qualifier for regional level debate twice (UIL) Informative.
10. Vice-president (12th grad) of Academic Decathlon.
11. Treasurer of debate team (12th grade)-debate team ranked #1 in Nation out of 2,700 high schools by the NFL.
12. TA for AP Calculus AB.
13. Can get very strong recommendation from my research PI.
14. Can write very good essay (my writing score is 11 out of 12).