Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Acceptance help?

thepingstathepingsta Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Rutgers
Hey everyone, so i sent my application on Oct. 31 and I am still waiting for a response back. But for some stupid reason I applied to SAS, School of Bio/enviro, and PHARM. Now I have no idea why i applied to pharmacy because my stats aren't that good (SAT:1700, GPA: 3.27 UW). My application says "in progress" for all of them. Do you think I'll hear back later for SAS and Bio since I applied to Pharm? (which is a guarantee rejection)...

And anyone who has been accepted into Rutgers, how long did you have to wait for a response? I really want to hear back from Rutgers!
Post edited by thepingsta on

Replies to: Acceptance help?

• sixoo6sixoo6 Posts: 57Registered User Junior Member
    You'll hear back from each of them separately - applying to Pharmacy shouldn't affect the rate at which the other two respond.

I sent in my application on the same day (Oct. 31) and got a reply in the first/second week of November, but my stats were well above the reach for SAS and RBS (I'm still waiting on Pharmacy). I think they will be waiting to get other applications before they'll decide on yours, but getting the application in early is a good start.
  • mytwosonsmytwosons Posts: 287Registered User Junior Member
    You will hear from SAS and SEBS first and looks like you have a pretty good chance of getting accepted. Applying to the pharmacy school will not slow down the acceptance to the other schools so you don't need to worry about it.

Now because you stats are not excellent it will take them a little longer to accept you since they want to see the applicant pool. You should have a plan B just in case.

Good luck!!
  • mytwosonsmytwosons Posts: 287Registered User Junior Member
    My son applies to SAS and RBS last year and he heard from SAS first and it took them another 2 weeks to accept him to RBS.
  • thepingstathepingsta Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you! I just can't wait to hear from penn state and rutgers since they are rolling admission! My twin just got his acceptance letter from UPitt today and now I cant wait to hear back!
  • thepingstathepingsta Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    Hey I was wondering, how big of a pool of applicants would I have to wait to until I'm considered? Do u think maybe a decision in early December? Or would they compare me to an even larger pool, like in January?
  • lazybrownboylazybrownboy Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    yeah i applied on Oct 25th and still have not gotten a reply back.

i have a 3.05 gpa
    1800 sat score
    and 720 math 2 score

and i applied to arts and science, business, and engineering. I am actually kind of worried. I really want to get into arts and sciences
  • qkek123qkek123 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    lazy i think u shouldnt worry.
    im sure you will get into arts n sceince but idk about engineering.
    gl to all!