Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Why is Rutgers known as SLUTGERS?

AMGLeagueAMGLeague Posts: 299Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2011 in Rutgers
What brought about this? Are they talking about Rutgers in general, or a specific campus?
Post edited by AMGLeague on

Replies to: Why is Rutgers known as SLUTGERS?

• MushaboomBlueMushaboomBlue Posts: 1,715Registered User Senior Member
    I don't know if it pertains to Rutgers as a whole, but it is prevalent on the New Brunswick campus.

I don't know when the terms was coined, but it was stated that Rutgers had a high STD rate. SLUTGERS -- if there is high STD rate, most likely there are a lot of sluts here on campus, haha (females AND males). Just sleeping around, with whoever, whenever...I guess no one has ever heard of condoms?

And apparently there's even a (condom) mascot; Sploogy, the Slutgers Mascot.
  • naoisenaoise Posts: 408Registered User Member
    yeah, rutgers has/had a bad reputation for rampant stds. they used to include condoms in the welcome package when you moved in, for safety precautions--that's how bad it was.

but i don't think rutgers is particularly slutty, you know, as compared to other schools. ie there was a syphilis outbreak last year at cornell. crazy stuff.
    Hmm, I'm trying to find articles that pertain to this that states (and proves!) that Rutgers STD rate was high when compared to other universities.

Anyway, if you plan to sleep around AMGLeague, just make you're protected! Although, it might be safer just to be with one person (that's just me)
  • pepsitruckpepsitruck Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    College in general is a fantastic place to get an STD.
    True, pepsitruck

Also, take into account that this university is large, so there will be more STD-infested kids.
  • bionicbionic Posts: 57Registered User Junior Member
    with all the sex in college, STDs will obviously go around. Rutgers just seems to have a higher STD rate than other schools. I heard that College Ave campus has more of the STDs since the frats and parties are there
  • retroooretrooo Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    Oh great...I bet if my parents knew about this...they wouldn't have forced me to enroll just because it's cheap since I'm instate, LOL.
    It's not like you'll get an STD by breathing in the air of that syphilis-infected chick with a cold sore that sat next to you on the "A" bus.

Just don't sleep around, haha. But .... if you're one who tends to sleep with different partners, perhaps you should make sure that protection is involved in every sex act you engage in -- not just intercourse, but oral.

AND GET YOURSELF TESTED!

*** This PSA was brought to you by MushaboomBlue =)
  • zircushiozircushio Posts: 858Registered User Member
    ^ haha lol mushaboom :)
  • blissfumemoriesblissfumemories Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    oh great, another thing to be wary of in Rutgers....:D
    Oh well, I'm highly anticipating my first year there, despite what I hear about
    the rampant sex related diseases and the slightly over the line frat parties. The PSA taken into account MushaboomBlue! =)
    JUST so all the girls know, I'm available as a study partner, or to anyone who just wants to spoon. :]
    ^ LMAO!!!

The sad thing is, there might be some random soul out there willing to take up the offer, esp. at Slutg--ehem --Rutgers University =(
    ^ i'm glad you understood the joke :]
  • goingmywaygoingmyway Posts: 368Registered User Member
    Giving my 2 cents to a very old question here:

Why is Rutgers called Slutgers?

For absolutely no other reason than that it rhymes.