Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Essay question

hvairlinehvairline Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Rutgers
Hey guys,since the 2010 application is not online yet i was thinking that i could begin writing the essay.Does the essay topic change from year to year because their website still has the 2009 topic?
Thanks!
Post edited by hvairline on

Replies to: Essay question

• [O]MG[O]MG Posts: 63Registered User Junior Member
    i am pretty sure that it doesn't change, but i cant guarantee it.

"Essay: Rutgers University is a vibrant community of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. How would you benefit from and contribute to such an environment? Consider variables such as your talents, travels, leadership activities, volunteer services, and cultural experiences. Only personal essays submitted via our website will be considered. You may enter a maximum of 4000 characters including spaces."

this was my essay question
  • -Lurker--Lurker- Posts: 1,420Registered User Senior Member
    and that was mine from the year before. looks like it doesnt change
  • hvairlinehvairline Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
    ok cool,thanks!
  • parkjm1103parkjm1103 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Right now, we conclude that it doens't change, but even if it did, it wouldn't be too different. (Seeing that from other colleges' essay topics from year to year haha)
  • rualumrualum Posts: 1,845Registered User Senior Member
    I see the essay portion of the application is optional. How important is the essay? Do you need it to get in?
  • naoisenaoise Posts: 408Registered User Member
    you write the essay in order to be considered for a scholarship.
  • MeemaMeema Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    Hey just to let you know the essay doesn't change. Well it didn't so far and it says that on the rutgers website. It says since the spring 2010 app is not up students should start on the essay. Then they give you a link to view the essay question. So it is definetly the same. Im also working on it. But im not writing it just for scholarships im writing it because im college gpa is 4.0 but hs was not so good. So I spoke with admissions. And she said that even if you are not a freshmen or you should still write it, they'll take it in consideration. Well if your stats are great I wouldn't bother but my hs kind of messed me up so I am. Good luck to everyone =]
  • gwiriongwirion Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    the essay is also required if you want to be in the Honors program and meet the other criterion (SAT grades, GPA, class rank) - it doesn't hurt to write it.