Rockhurst vs. SLU (Medical Scholars Program)
Ok so ive gotten accepted into both schools. both have the same medical scholars program...
both require a 3.5 GPA, MCAT scores dont matter, if you maintain the min. GPA then both schools matriculate into the SLU med school...its the same program but just at different schools
Rockhurst: has around 1400 students total, Jesuit based school, located in Downtown of KC
Pro- has around 1400 students so class sizes are ~~20 students
- really easy to get help from professors.
- cost around 13k a year (after scholarships)
- about 15 min from my house
Cons- not a big college atmosphere
- not a large student body
- wont experience the college atmosphere if i attend ( at least thats what ive been told)
- have to take certain honors classes ( to weed out people)
SLu: has around 14,000 students total, Jesuit based school, located in downtown of STL
Pro- large student body so i get to meet many people
- great college atmosphere, will experience the college life
- ive been told that the program is a little bit easier at SLU than at Rockhurst...
Con- about 4 hours from home
- large class sizes mean its harder to get help from professors.
- costs 27k per year
As you can see its the same program but at different schools...the only real difference is size...its 1400 students vs. 14000 students....
I have friends that go to both colleges in the same medical scholars programs....my friend at rockhurst tells me you have to take some harder classes but its much, much easier to get help but it doesnt feel like a major university and dont experience the same things....my friend at slu tells me the program is easier than the rockhurst's version, lots of people, and its more fun but harder to get help from professors...
also rockhurst accepts ~13 people per year in the program but slu accepts ~100...
the only concern i have is maintaining that 3.5 gpa (really really hard) but i also want to have a fun life...
however im stuck between the two and dont know what to decide? so can you please post your opinions/experiences?