Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

sdsu party scene?

stevelocc23stevelocc23 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
hey i have been admitted to sdsu and i am currently stuck between it and uc santa cruz. i am a typical so cal guy. im really into sports and working out so i think i would fit right into the type of people that sdsu consist of.the only problem is the academics and the ranking of sdsu compared to ucsc. but i am willing to compromise and go to sdsu because i know that i will love it there.

so my question was how big is the party scene down there? i party pretty hard so i was wondering if the scene is still big. i heard they had a big frat bust a couple years back and that has shut down a lot of parties. this is the only thing that is keeping me from making my decision. i look forward to joining a frat and if hazing is just drinking then i know i can do that easy so it wont be a problem if frats are where all the parties are at.
Post edited by stevelocc23 on

Replies to: sdsu party scene?

• simplyyriannasimplyyrianna Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Hahaa I'm worried about a smaller party scene too. There's no fun attending a school with a party rep if there's no party
  • Rebamatic2Rebamatic2 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I had a friend that went to SDSU last year, and she wouldn't really have a problem finding a party. Frats are always having parties, and if your a girl they'll let you in even if you aren't in a sorority. It did use to be a ridiculous amount of partying though and now it's just not ridiculous. Still plenty of parties though. :)
  • JokullJokull Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    There are parties on fraternity row all the time, but you might have a problem getting in if you don't know anybody in the frat (that is if you have a dick, otherwise don't worry)