Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can I sned my SAT scores before I submit my Common App?

charismaztexcharismaztex Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
Hello,

I was wondering whether it is possible to submit my SAT scores (December) before I finish my Common Application (I know December scores are out 21st but I may not finish my essays then). I don't want the schools to be sent a report and don't know who it's from as the name with the application has not yet been received. I want to take advantage of my 4 free December SAT score reports.

Thanks,
Charismaztex
Post edited by charismaztex on

Replies to: Can I sned my SAT scores before I submit my Common App?

• happytalehappytale Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Yes, you can send SAT scores before submitting your common application. Anyways, that's what I did with my July SAT scores. I didn't even know about common application then(I'm an international), otherwise I would also have had doubts. Some colleges sent me e-mails, appreciating my interest in them, so it doesn't matter whether you send your scores or submit your common app first.
  • itsme123itsme123 Posts: 1,104Registered User Senior Member
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,843Registered User Senior Member
    Particularly if you are going to end up waiting to submit common app at the last minute (meaning just before any early Jan application date), it is even advisable to order them sent earlier. Some of those colleges (although not many) with Jan deadlines actually req
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,843Registered User Senior Member
    Yes you can and advisble that you do so. I assume you are heading for submitting the app just before any early Jan deadline. Most colleges with such deadlines want the scores sent by no later than the deadline and mainly like to have them in their hands before mid-Jan so your file can be designated for review for admission and put you in line for that review. Thus, to get a little earlier in the review line it helps to get the scores there even sooner than mid-Jan and thus ordering Dec scores sent to a college as one of your free sends is advisable. Also, make sure you check your colleges carefully. There are some (not many) that actually require everything to be in their hands by the app deadline date not just sent by then. If you are applying to one of those you definitely want to designate the college as one of your automatic sends as part of your application for the test.
  • charismaztexcharismaztex Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies. All the schools I'm applying to have a January 1 deadline or around there. I'm going to get my SAT I scores tagged along with the free reports which came with my December subject test registration. But would a position in the review line affect admission decisions? I'm going to retake the SAT in January and some colleges have a February 1 SAT-score-received-by date so I probably would want my file to be a little at the back of the queue. Those colleges say that there may be a chance that the January scores won't reach them in time and that the "rush" service is useless.