Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Am I too late to take SAT II's for admission?

ebrentarebrentar Posts: 23Registered User New Member
I don't know why, but all of a sudden I want to apply to one or two "reach" schools. I feel like the schools I applied and got accepted to already aren't where I truely want to be. My problem: I did not take the SAT II's and the next SAT testing date isn't until Jan. 22nd. I really want to get into these reach schools, and I know my best shot would be with having these subject test scores. Am I too late?

Also, if I'm not too late, which subject tests should I take (I only need 2). I test well with math, so I know I would take Math 2, but any suggestions on another?
Post edited by ebrentar on

Replies to: Am I too late to take SAT II's for admission?

• drusbadrusba Posts: 7,843Registered User Senior Member
    Name the colleges. Many require all tests to be completed by Dec but just as many accept Jan tests as long as you designate the colleges as your free sends for that test so scores are sent immediately after they are released. What to take is your decision. If you are applying for engineering (and for science at some) you may be required to submit a math and science but otherwise you can usually submit any two.
  • ebrentarebrentar Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    The colleges are Northwestern (which doesn't necessarily require the subject tests, but they are strongly recommended) and Carnegie Mellon. I plan on majoring in some sort of engineering, so I know I definitely would take math II, as for science I've taken bio and chem already in school, and I'm in physics right now, so it's a toss up between the three of them. If I end up taking them, any suggestions on what books to use to study?
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,843Registered User Senior Member
    Northwestern and Carnegie accept January tests and if engineering for Carnegie you must submit a math and either the Chemistry or Physics SAT II, biology is not accepted for engineering.
  • ebrentarebrentar Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    Oh okay, thank you for your help!