Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

New SAT/Old SAT Conversion?

bballkicksbballkicks Posts: 14Registered User New Member
Hey just wondering, if converting the new SAT to a score out of 1600, do u just find the average of the 3 sections and multiply that by 2 or is there some different type of conversion chart where the new SAT comes out a little higher because of the fact that its 3 sections and longer, such as one you can find at http://www.spartanburg6.k12.sc.us/dhs/Guidance%20website/SAT-ACT%20Conversion%20chart.html

I got a 760 math, 660 verbal and 740 writing(10 on essay), which would be 2160, so if I just do it mathematically, i would have a 1440/1600, but based on that chart it would be closer to about 1460 or 1470 I guess? Just asking cause Im trying to compare myself to the average SATs out of 1600 of the schools Im applying to. So anyone know the facts?
Post edited by bballkicks on

Replies to: New SAT/Old SAT Conversion?

• Mystic MerlinMystic Merlin Posts: 535Registered User Member
    Old SAT-math and verbal (1420)

New SAT-math, verbal and writing (2160)
  • bluebayoubluebayou Posts: 20,935Registered User Senior Member
    for comparison purposes (to old), just use your new M & CR: 1420. With the exception of the UC's, most schools aren't gonna use the new Writing for a year or two, until they (and CB) can interpret the results with percentiles.