Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What should I do?

nickyz94nickyz94 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
I took the SAT for the first time and received a 1410 (650 reading, 760 math) with a 680 writing (65, 10)...I took it again in June and did absolutely horrifically in reading (570) my math stayed the same, and my writing went up to a 710...(66, 11)...I'm extremely confused...I wanted to do ED to Cornell, but I want to retake the SAT Subject Tests (670 Bio M, 720 Math 1, 690 Math 2---I'm in trig now...) I have a 31 ACT, with a breakdown of 26 english, 34 math, 31 reading, 32 science....What should I do come September/October?
I also have another dilemma...I am a full IB diploma candidate...but the only math class my school offers is Math Studies...and it is really holding me back...
My current classes for next year:
IB English HL
IB 20th Century HL
IB Bio HL
IB Math Studies SL
IB Economics SL
IB Italian SL
IB Physics SL (Hopefully)
and I took the IB Psychology SL test this year (predicted 6)
TOK
Skiing
Christian Service

If I drop IB I could do this:
AP English Literature
AP Calculus AB
AP Chem
IB Physics SL
IB 20th Century HL
IB Economics SL
Maybe IB Math studies SL--easy to get a high grade for me
Whatever religion class my school makes me take..

I'm finding IB to be kind of a joke...(except for biology)

my grades for the year are (weighted, which is on my transcript...they're all weighted 1.06)
English 97
Hota-100
Italian-100
Bio-102
Psychology- 101
Math-106
TOK-105
gym-100

I would LOVE to go Cornell CALS-AEM... but I have another dilemma..

I kind of wanted to do a double major of math and econ with a physics minor...but if I do Cornell's business program, I won't be able to...any advice?
Post edited by nickyz94 on

Replies to: What should I do?