Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How long does the ACT usually take?

rd2012rd2012 Posts: 540Registered User Member
I'm taking the ACT on September 10th. I have a concert at 2 on the same day. On my admission ticket it says that the ACT starts at 8:00. Since the ACT is 4 hours long I'm assuming that it will end before 1. However, my friend told me that it might end at around 1:45. I need to know when the ACT will end.
Post edited by rd2012 on

Replies to: How long does the ACT usually take?

• cortana431cortana431 Posts: 5,015- Senior Member
    When I took it, I got out of the building around 12:30. Your friend is totally wrong though. Issues can come up that can really delay the test such as missing ID's, not enough tests, problems with the test booklet, etc.

Or your proctor could be really slow with instructions. That would really delay things.

Chances are, you will get out of the building by 1 at the latest.
  • ReesesPieces891ReesesPieces891 Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
    One time we started an hour late and I was still out of there before 1:00. You will be fine unless something goes horribly wrong. If all goes well you should be out by 12:30ish.
  • MindOnMars12MindOnMars12 Posts: 436Registered User Member
    the exam takes about 3 hours and a few minutes if you are taking it with the writing portion