Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What's a 96 unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale exactly?

sternie85sternie85 Posts: 208Registered User Junior Member
whats a 96 unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale exactly
Post edited by sternie85 on

Replies to: What's a 96 unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale exactly?

• SabrinaJSabrinaJ Posts: 91Registered User Junior Member
    According to my handy-dandy... calculator! :) It would seem that a 96 would be a 3.84...

100/25 = 4.0
    96/25 = 3.84

I could be wrong, though ^^; Hope you get more answers!
  • ubercollegemanubercollegeman Posts: 258Registered User Junior Member
    Well, that would be unfair, because that assumes a 100 = 4.0, when that is far from the case. In fact, you could TECHNICALLY have a 90 average and still have a 4.0.
  • zach447zach447 Posts: 524Registered User Member
    Yeah, it's not really a fair comparison.

To calculate your unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale, use the following system:

4 = A, 3 = B, 2 = C, 1 = D, F = 0 (and I highly doubt that you have any of the last three)

So add those up for each semester of each class you've had and then divide by the total number of classes. If you've gotten A's in every single class, then it's a 4.0. If you've gotten mostly A's and a few B's, it should be really close to 4.0.
  • doesnotexistdoesnotexist Posts: 264Registered User Junior Member
    yeh, i dunno. if you're trying to just convert it simply, it's a 3.84..I'm really not sure though, if 4.0 counts as 100% of the 100 that you're speaking of. My school doesn't do UW..just W, it makes it much easier to keep track of everything.