Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Actual 2011 PSAT Scores - Post Here!

GAMomto4GAMomto4 Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
Now that folks are seeing the actual PSAT scores I thought it would be good to have a place to post.

My son's scores came yesterday (from the Saturday test):

PSAT 221
CR 69, missed 6
Math 77, missed 1 grid in
Writing 75, missed 1 (ouch!)

The cut-off for Georgia is usually 214-215, but this year it was 218. I hate having him be so close to the cutoff score. We'll have to see what September brings...
Post edited by GAMomto4 on

Replies to: Actual 2011 PSAT Scores - Post Here!

• jkiwmomjkiwmom Posts: 1,353Registered User Senior Member
    That's great! I will bet you he made the NMSF cutoff. Have you looked at previous years in Georgia besides last year? I can't imagine that the score cutoff in GA will be much higher than last year. I will be he's made it :). You may want to start compiling a list of the NM corp sponsored schools just to have in mind when and if he does make NMSF. There are loads of threads here on CC. He has most likely made "commended" at the least, so he will be choosing two schools to notify in the spring (he'll receive a letter and a login to do this online). Some students choose their reach schools, state ivy's (if applicable), and one school that is known for NMF full rides. It's not as important though as when he's applying for NMF in the fall and must choose the "#1 choice school" to send in on his app. You have lots of time to learn about why to choose a school as #1 choice/changing the #1 choice school/etc. I'm just giving you a heads up since with my son we had to really scramble during the summer before senior year to figure out what schools to focus on for NM scholarships. He had chosen "the right schools" for the notification in the spring, but it was just sheer luck, lol!
  • FaustiaFaustia Posts: 95- Junior Member
    Wednesday Test

CR: 71 (5 wrong)
    M: 66 (2 wrong, 5 grid-in wrong)
    W: 76 (1 wrong!)

Total 213

I made NMSF for my state! We have lovely low standards. :)
  • choirfarmchoirfarm Posts: 109Registered User Junior Member
    My son won't make it. He only made a 209. I guess the grading for the writing is pretty brutal..

CR 73 ( missed 4)
    M 72 ( missed 3)
    W 64 ( missed 5)

Sigh....
  • CantConcentrateCantConcentrate Posts: 2,547Registered User Senior Member
    ^Question for all of you that have posted... Are you posting the number missed or the raw score missed? Just curious.
  • dakeeperdakeeper Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    They're giving the actual score for the parts (not the raw score) and the number they got wrong in parenthesis.
  • Coramdeo40Coramdeo40 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Son has a score of 215 in NC. This is lower than his sophomore year score of 220!
  • hornnationhornnation Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Just opened the mail...219. Should be good enough in our state (was 209 last year)
  • MumTo3MumTo3 Posts: 92Registered User Junior Member
    A couple months back, there was a post that showed several years worth of NMSF cutoffs for the varying states, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know where that might be?
  • gman45gman45 Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    235 (MA is a tough state but I'm sure I'll be fine)

80 CR (-1)
    80 M (-0)
    75 W (-1)
  • MontgoMontgo Posts: 1Registered User New Member
  • TheCudLifeTheCudLife Posts: 97Registered User Junior Member
    How did you guys find out
  • OhioMom3000OhioMom3000 Posts: 2,062Registered User Senior Member
    "My son won't make it. He only made a 209. I guess the grading for the writing is pretty brutal.."

It's still a good score and he will be commended! My S (a senior) scored 210 in our state and cut off was 214, so missed by a few points. But scored 2260 on SAT and 34 on ACT, so hopefully may get a scholarship. There are still opportunities out there, so prepare for the next.

"235 (MA is a tough state but I'm sure I'll be fine)"

No state cut-off has ever been close to that high!
  • sweetchemistrysweetchemistry Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    232 in MA:
    CR: 80 (-1 raw, 0 omitted)
    Math: 72 (-3 raw, 0 omitted)
    Writing: 80 (-0 raw, 0 omitted)
  • UrstrulyUrstruly Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    Just to lower the mean score on this thread lol

60 - CR
    67 - M
    63 - W

I am hispanic, so do you think I qualify for NHRP?