Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How do you rush deliver?

DenebelDenebel Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
How do you rush deliver SAT scores? (Where do find the button to order a rush delivery). Is the button only available after the scores come out?
Post edited by Denebel on

Replies to: How do you rush deliver?

• drusbadrusba Posts: 7,843Registered User Senior Member
    You can rush deliver only scores that have already been released. If you are trying to send Dec test, you cannot order rush now. However, I believe you can still go into your on-line file for the test and add or change colleges to which you want the score sent automatically upon release (your list of free sends). Doing so results in the fastest form of delivery that is available (quicker than rush because score is actually sent before it is even released on-line to you).

Moreover, before considering rush, determine if it is allowed. Many schools state that they do not want rush delivery so you must check each school's rules before doing it. Also, it is almost always not needed. If you are looking at schools with January 1 application deadline, those invariably accept test scores that arrive after the application deadline and sending the December test regular delivery will be fine.
  • DenebelDenebel Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member

I'm planning to rush deliver Jan. scores as the college I want to apply to states clearly that they want the Jan. scores rush delivered.

However, considering your statement
    I believe you can still go into your on-line file for the test and add or change colleges to which you want the score sent automatically upon release (your list of free sends). Doing so results in the fastest form of delivery that is available (quicker than rush because score is actually sent before it is even released on-line to you).
    is it better to just add that college as a free send?
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,843Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, using a free send results in faster delivery than a rush delivery. Usually when a college says rush it is just assuming you will be waiting to learn score before ordering it sent.
  • DenebelDenebel Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member