Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

act science help

youguysaresadyouguysaresad Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
alright so my early scores looked like this
english-33 math-34 reading-36 science-28.....................im confident that i can get my math up to a 36 and my english up to a 35 at least, but my question is has anyone else had a major problem with science and nothing else? if so, how did you try to improve your science score and were you successful
Post edited by youguysaresad on

Replies to: act science help

• youguysaresadyouguysaresad Posts: 98Registered User Junior Member
    bump^^^^^^^^^^
  • robotFOODrobotFOOD Posts: 957Registered User Member
    I just didn't read the random crap and used the graphs
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,346CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    For 90% of the science questions all you have to do is look at the chart. Don't pay any attention to the paragraph unless the question has NOTHING to do with a graph.
  • spongebobspongebobspongebobspongebob Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    the science section...so incredibly random

ive taken the ACT four times

got a 28 on the science section the first three times and then on the fourth time got a perfect 36

i did absolutely no prep between takes of the ACT, the only prep was actually taking the test when it counts

i dont think u can practice or prepare for it at all

its so random!!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon Posts: 12,101Registered User Senior Member
    My daughter also had science as her nemesis. She conquered it by realizing that it was Science Reasoning not a Science test of knowledge. Everything necessary to solve the problem was there. Just work fast and don't freak out. Improved 8 points, also.
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,806Registered User Senior Member
    Also understand that you do not have to improve much to move up. At a score of 28, you likely missed only about 8 out of 40 questions; get four more correct and you will be 30 or 31.