Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can anyone clarify?

AerobugAerobug Posts: 773Registered User Member
My SAT was
CR - 690
M - 660
W - 800

I just took the Math II SAT and I think I did really well. I also took Lit and got a 760.

My college counselors say that they look at Lit over CR since Lit is harder, an they look at Math 2 SAT II over SAT Math since its harder. Is this true? If I do well (750+) on Math 2, will I be pretty much set?
Post edited by Aerobug on

Replies to: Can anyone clarify?

• AerobugAerobug Posts: 773Registered User Member
    My CC is a water polo teacher and not the best counselor...so it's difficult for me to trust what he says sometimes, that's why I am asking
  • xthrillakillaxxthrillakillax Posts: 180Registered User Junior Member
    I can't comment on CR and Lit because I haven't taken Lit but I've taken Math II and I can tell you that SAT 1 math and SAT Math II are two very different tests. I wouldn't math 2 harder but it is simpler. The purpose of it is to test math concepts and that's it. SAT 1 math however is supposed to test your ability to think critically and not fall for their traps. I don't think Math 2 would necessarily make up for a bad regular SAT math score.

Not to mention that the curves are very different. Getting -6 or -7 gets you an 800 on math 2 but would barely get you a 700 on regular math, if you're lucky.
  • drusbadrusba Posts: 7,807Registered User Senior Member
    Most colleges don't even use SAT subject tests for admission. Those that require them do not view the SAT subject tests as something to be considered "over" the SAT; they are separate tests and if both SAT and subject tests are required both are important.