Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Question for 2350+ers

tomatox1tomatox1 Posts: 789Registered User Member
How did you manage to get through the last 100 or so points :)
Post edited by tomatox1 on

Replies to: Question for 2350+ers

• metroplexmetroplex Posts: 123Registered User Junior Member
    this sounds ridiculous but the last time i took it (and this was the time i crossed that barrier) i genuinely didn't study at all. i was only focusing on the math sections because that was what i needed to improve on.

for me it really came down to my confidence and the environment of the testing room. i was familiar with the format and material so i slept early the night before and ate a healthy breakfast, etc. and just focused on the test. i think it helped that i took the test at an unfamiliar location because i wasn't distracted by my friends or anything.

also, when you walk out, you'll probably know you've done well. the last times i'd taken the SAT i'd walked out without knowing if i'd scored in that range or not, but this time i was super confident that i'd nearly aced it :D i figured i'd get around a 2350 and ended up with a 2370 - so if you're unsure as to how you've done i (personally) would suggest canceling and maybe taking another shot at it.

but yeah i think when you're aiming to get those final few points it just comes down to blind luck. it sounds cheesy, but be confident in your ability and stay positive and go for it! :)