Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Help!! My counselor has NO IDEA wat a fee waiver is.

muhammad9211muhammad9211 Posts: 975Registered User Member
I asked my GC for a sat fee waiver and he didnt have a clue. Nor did the principal or vp. I live abroad yet am a us citizen. Ive checked the cb website and it says i have to get a waiver through my counselor, and im eligible. Does anyone know how they can obtain waivers. Our school does have a ccbd(something like that) code meaning we are registered with the collegeboard and are a very well known school in the country.
Post edited by muhammad9211 on

Replies to: Help!! My counselor has NO IDEA wat a fee waiver is.

• 2redhares2redhares Posts: 188Registered User Junior Member
    Print out all the info on fee waivers from the SAT site and present it to your counselor. My counselor just had to write a letter stating my parent's income & my citizenship, etc. I also had a letter from Veteran's Affairs stating my father's income (he was a disabled veteran receiving benefits.) You may need your parents to get a letter with that info from their boss(es) or hr people in their company.
  • muhammad9211muhammad9211 Posts: 975Registered User Member
    How did you register with a note? When i register, it asks for either a credit card or a waiver code.
    You have to send the letter to the SAT and then they will give you a code.

P.S. It can take a long time for the waiver, it may be in your best interest to pay for the test if you can and then use the waiver for subject tests and/or the ACT.
  • muhammad9211muhammad9211 Posts: 975Registered User Member
    Deadline is in 2 days... and i dont live in the US. So its gonna take an even longer time. Does email work?
  • 4kidsdad4kidsdad Posts: 2,298Registered User Senior Member
    You have to send the letter to the SAT and then they will give you a code.
    Not going to happen in two days.
    You can contact College Board via email, they may allow you to fax it or email a scan of it, but you would have to talk to them. Even in the event they did allow you to do so and then send the hard copy, I doubt it would get processed in time for you to get the code to register.
  • Swimmer576Swimmer576 Posts: 270Registered User Junior Member
    Find information about a fee wavier and then bring it and show to your counselor.