Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

how similar is princeton review to SAT?

18100481810048 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
how similar is it to the actual test? i have the practice book with 6 tests and the math seems very easy. is it just me, or is it supposed to be like that?

Replies to: how similar is princeton review to SAT?

• marvin100marvin100 Registered User Posts: 8,940 Senior Member
    Yeah, not very good.
  • sattutsattut Registered User Posts: 511 Member
    Check other information in this forum. Standard books like that were mediocre before, but are worse after change to new SAT. Use real tests. New books like Kallis and Ivy Global are probably best. I would also Erica Meltzer books for verbal sections and Barron Math SAT Workbook is OK.
  • YayeducationlolYayeducationlol Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    i have erica meltzer for grammar and reading (The Critical Reader book) and it's helped so much! I would say that Princeton sucked. Did not help me much :(
  • DartMonkey93DartMonkey93 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    My teacher lent me a different PR book.

Some of the questions just do NOT seem to match with the actual SAT questions:

https://www.amazon.com/500-Practice-Questions-New-SAT/dp/1101881755

In general, the book is meh in quality; however, the answer explanations are better than the CB official practice tests. The questions are vaguer and more ambiguous but at the same time easier than the actual SAT.

Here is one:

"Bigelow was born in CA in 1951, and she (rolled/enrolled/unrolled/rickrolled) in the San Francisco Art Institute."

Would an actual SAT contain "rickrolled" as a possible answer? Maybe "rerolled," but not "rickrolled."
  • IvyLeague2IvyLeague2 Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Princeton Review is terrible for me. Did not help me at all when studying for my ACT in high school. In terms of tests, I would prefer the SAT ALL THE WAY. Use all available college board materials since they make the test and their help with be the most authentic. In addition, buy Kaplan books. They are a must.