Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Sat Math II Subject Test difficulty

kjake2000kjake2000 Registered User Posts: 310 Member
do the questions increase in difficulty over time like in SAT Math section? Or are they all the same level of difficulty?

Same question for chemistry, biology, physics etc... do they remain same difficulty or does the difficulty fluctuate?

Replies to: Sat Math II Subject Test difficulty

• kjake2000kjake2000 Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    I know some questions are harder than others, I mean is there any pattern to difficulty of questions?
    anyone?
  • lhw1998lhw1998 Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    I took Math II and Chemistry. In Math II, I noticed that the first few problems were rather easy, but the rest of the problems exhibited no observable pattern in terms of difficulty. In Chemistry, the first section (Matching & True False) was very easy, but after that, the rest of the problems exhibited no observable pattern either.
    Good luck!
  • CheekyNandosCheekyNandos Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    For all subject tests that I have taken, there is a difficulty progression that makes the first few questions the easiest and the last few the hardest.
  • mocktrialer5mocktrialer5 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    I took the Math II when I was in 8th grade and only scored a 650 (I was advanced in math so I took it early) I then retook it in 9th grade and scored a 750. The content on the test isn't challenging. Just like any standardized test you need to take a bunch of practice tests; that is the only way you can get the best score possible
  • MUSIC02MUSIC02 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    how would you recommend preparing & practicing for math II
    barrons textbook @MUSIC02