Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Mock Exams

CanadolfStaliniCanadolfStalini Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Is it worth taking an SAT mock exam held at my school? Does it prepare you in anyway for the actual SAT? Is the mock exam anything like the real one?

Replies to: Mock Exams

• kimclan1kimclan1 Registered User Posts: 434 Member
    Chances are that the exam will be one of the college board's official practice tests (I doubt that they would use a third party source). While you could get the exam online, it could be worth to take it.
  • apresskiapresski Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    I think it could be helpful, mostly to help relieve the first time jitters that so many people deal with... if you've already gone through the process in an actual testing place with timed breaks and everything, it won't feel so overwhelming when you go to take the actual exam.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 5,368 Senior Member
    edited March 24
    I agree, do the mock exam. The more practices the better, especially in a test-like setting.
  • IvyLeague2IvyLeague2 Registered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    Definitely take it! It will help you get a taste of not only where you at, but what the test is like under timed conditions. Take advantage if you can