Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Recomedations based on AMC

VinnietheGeniusVinnietheGenius Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi Guys!! This was my first year trying out the AMC competitions and I'm in 8th grade. I ended up getting a 16 on Amc8 which really made me feel bad but after practicing I got a 123 on Amc10a and qualified for AIME. Although official results aren't out, I checked my answers and got a 9 on AIME. I am not sure if these are good scores and if I can put these on a college resume sheet in the future? Can some one please help?? Thanks

Replies to: College Recomedations based on AMC

• kimclan1kimclan1 Registered User Posts: 405 Member
    A 123 is an amazing score for a 10th grader and unheard of for an 8th graders! Great job! Also, a 9 on the AIME. Your selection index is a 213, so you have a decent chance of even qualifying for USAJMO!
  • MITer94MITer94 Registered User Posts: 4,648 Senior Member
    @VinnietheGenius yes, definitely take note of your AMC/AIME scores as you can usually mention them when applying to colleges (although most schools don't really ask for anything before 8th grade, unless you won MATHCOUNTS or something). A score of 9 on AIME is very good, especially for an 8th grader.