Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Should I take the US History Subject Test

hallie99hallie99 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am a junior and I am in regular US History, not AP. I was recommended for AP but decided to take regular because I already had a tough course load. History has always been one of my best subjects and I have an A (97) in the class but wasn't sure if I would be fully prepared to get a good score since it was regular US history. The colleges I am looking at don't require SAT subject tests but they are considered if they help me. I would be taking the subject test on June 3rd, a couple weeks after my regular US history exam. If anyone has any advice that would be nice!

Replies to: Should I take the US History Subject Test

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 23,416 Super Moderator
    No subject test requires an AP class as preparation. Whether or not your class fully prepares you for the test is a question for your teacher, since the is no standard way to teach USH. In all probability, you would do well to pick up a prep book.