Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ACT Testing Wrongly Accusing Cheating 2017

Replies to: ACT Testing Wrongly Accusing Cheating 2017

• ktrrightsktrrights Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 5
    sorry for the incomplete address earlier. I am in 100%. 20/20 is a great idea. I have some Reuters information. I'll email tomorrow.
    Post edited by Erin's Dad on
  • Studious99Studious99 Registered User Posts: 713 Member
    Maybe your D should move to the SAT if the ACT corporation will never let her score higher than 25. I am sure BYU will understand, as you really need a 28 to be competitive for BYU nowadays. Good luck. This sounds awful! Maybe have your bishop send a letter to BYU and BYU I explaining the situation.
  • rofikicaferofikicafe Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    It seems like you may need to start a social media campaign to spread the word. After reading what has happened to a few of you and the recent debate in (Ohio??), I dont think we will even take it. What a shame that they can get away with that type of accusation.
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 34,183 Super Moderator
    Moderator's Note:
    If you want to get an E-Mail address or contact someone directly use the Private Message component of the board. Click on that persons name and you can discuss off the board. Do NOT post personal E-Mail addresses in the forums.
    Sorry, I was not aware of this policy. Will do! Thank you
    Update - we are still waiting for ACT to respond to the latest review. Taking longer than the last time. Still plan to fight this til the end. Pass the word on to all who have been effected by this. The more exposure the better! Anyone wanting my contact/email info let me know. I will message you.
  • smg2017smg2017 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Devastating. My son took a great online review course, spent the time to prepare, and we witnessed his results on multiple practice exams. ACT disrupted his senior year by rejecting his score. His confidence has been crushed. Their statistical arguments for rejecting are flawed.
    It certainly appears they target mud-year seniors. We are talking it to arbitration. My daughters confidence was also crushed, but now we are, turning this into a lesson on fighting for what's right!
  • LvMyKids2LvMyKids2 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    This is absolutely awful and crazy. I have never heard of this where we live. Is this happening in certain states or areas?
  • ThinkOnThinkOn Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    This happened to a very close friend, and it was a horrible experience. For this very reason, my children will stick to the SAT.
    I have heard from people all over. Everyone needs to report to Reuters, US Secretary of Education, Fair Testing and go to arbitration. Arditration only costs $200 for the student Anna over $2000 for ACT. if more people arbitrate then it will cost them.
  • kesarikesari Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    Any updates?
    Update - we received our paperwork and instructions to pay for the arbitration. I understand this is a lengthy process so bare with me on updates. I will keep everything posted. Thank you for keeping in touch!
    Not sure where the BYU came from. My daughter is not going to BYU. Understand that this is not about her getting into a school. She is already in the fall semester at your university. This is about fighting for what is right and not allowing ACT to get away with this and continue this with future students. They bully these seniors at the most vulnerable time, right at graduation, knowing these students will not fight. For us the finances were not an issue but for others, scholarships are being lost and acceptance is being denied. It is not right. Hope this helps the understanding. Thanks for your thoughts!
    This is happening all over but I do believe they are targeting certain students and areas. They refused information when I asked about specifics on area, sex, origin and ethnics. Understand that this is not about her getting into a school. She is already in the fall semester at your university. This is about fighting for what is right and not allowing ACT to get away with this and continue this with future students. They bully these seniors at the most vulnerable time, right at graduation, knowing these students will not fight. For us the finances were not an issue but for others, scholarships are being lost and acceptance is being denied. It is not right. Hope this helps the understanding. Thanks for your thoughts!