Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use the following form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCSearchSurvey

ACT April 2017 - an 8 writing score

2»

Replies to: ACT April 2017 - an 8 writing score

• JMS357JMS357 Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    @Senior2018 you made the right choice. Best of luck!
  • ams355ams355 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    I got a 36 Composite with 8 on the essay, but I don't want to retake the essay. An 8 is a decent score and will not likely make or break your application. Also, imo SAT writing is much easier and more straightforward than ACT. If you haven't taken SAT with writing yet, I suggest you do that and you might have more success. I took the SAT I twice, 1st time with essay, and the first time I got 8/7/7 writing. My 2nd time taking SAT my composite improved 60 points but still not as impressive as my ACT composite; and no essay that time. Again, I would just say to take the SAT, see how well you do with it, and then hopefully mix and match to highlight your best results.
  • soontobeprepmomsoontobeprepmom Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    32 only and and a 10
  • 57special57special Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    33 and 8 W.
  • gopgalgopgal Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    31 and 8W, those writing tests are so stupid. Seriously
2»