Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

How do I raise my ACT score? sos

tinachmtinachm Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I took the ACT in April I believe and here were my scores:
Reading- 29
Math-27
English-34
Science-28
So my composite was a 30. This was significantly lower than I expected. One factor was that my calculator was dead and I tried to solve things myself but then I didn't have enough time, so my math score is a bit irrelevant. I also took AP Calc as a sophomore and have always excelled in math but now I'm not doing as well on ACT or SAT math. I am taking the June ACT and SAT. I have a SAT prep service but don't have anything other than released exams to study for the ACT. I would like to get a 34 on the ACT and a 1500 on the SAT(1430 previous score, 715 math and reading), but I have no idea how to study for the SAT. Science seems to be my weakest area. I was also surprised at my Reading score, as that is normally a great area for me. All around, it was a rough test but I definitely think I can improve. Just looking for some tips or sites that I can use to study for the ACT.
Thx!