Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Parent here very little clue how to help my Son prepare - help me

2»

Replies to: Parent here very little clue how to help my Son prepare - help me

• 10s4life10s4life Registered User Posts: 579 Member
    edited June 16
    I took the SAT twice. The first time was my highest score. I just used the prep book. My sister is taking a prep course. I wish I had done that but everything worked out fine in the end so oh well.
  • theloniusmonktheloniusmonk Registered User Posts: 831 Member
    If your son is prepared to take it this August, you should do that. The college board did a good thing by offering an SAT in the summer so students can spend the school year on their courses and not stress out.
  • Anang27Anang27 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 17
    I am thinking of sending my Son to a Creative writing camp - Interlochen Arts camp is one of them I am considering. It is expensive at about $5.5k for 3 weeks. Is this money well spent? Are there other creative writing camps that you can recommend. My Son has won several essay competitions, he is very good at writing and is self motivated when it comes to writing. Thanks in advance for any recommendations with regard to creative creative writing camps
  • apraxiamomapraxiamom Registered User Posts: 249 Junior Member
    My son took the test cold. No prep.
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 4,389 Senior Member
    Here's a resource I like a lot and recommend to my SAT prep classes: https://www.workman.com/features/up-your-score/

It's all strategy on beating the test. You can find it at amazon or B&N.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 6,786 Senior Member
    Post in the summer camp forum for answers about summer camp.
2»