Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

How much should I panic?

Rtr0213Rtr0213 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Okay, so I took the SAT subject test after the AP exam for world history (I got a 4).
I did not prep or take any sort of initiative to get a higher score and I got a bad score as expected (630).
Of course, I won't send this to the colleges I'm applying to but I just wanted to get the community's opinion and maybe offer some advice for my later SAT II tests.
Thanks!

Replies to: How much should I panic?

• esuhlaesuhla Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    From what I have researched, (and this is contingent on where you're applying and the impact of the major) SATII is not a make or break factor, but rather your ability to exemplify your particular skill. So, if you're applying to an impacted engineering major, you shan't worry that much! All you're doing is showing grit by taking a test in an area of non-focal interest. However, if that test is in regards to your desired interest, it wouldn't hurt to try to improve it next cycle. Again, all contingent on where you plan to apply!

Best of luck!
    -J
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 10,119 Senior Member
    You stated in another thread that you did not prep for the SAT I and got a low score. I suggest you not take any more standardized tests until you have prepared.
  • Rtr0213Rtr0213 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I know, I only really took the SAT II for world history to see how I would do (which was pretty much what I did with the SAT I too). I'm actually prepping for my ACT with practice tests and a strategy book. @TomSrOfBoston
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 6,179 Senior Member
    Why ask how much you should panic if you haven't bothered studying before you take tests that cost time and money? I agree with Tom Sr. There is no point asking this kind of question when you don't bother studying for a test. In general, people who don't study for tests don't do well. You are wasting everyone's time, frankly.